Your teeth and smile are among the most attractive features of our bodies. Nothing says “welcome” like a bright, clean smile. Over 37% of people say that a person’s smile is the first thing they notice about them, so it is critical to schedule a visit to your Dentist near FIU and keep those teeth in good shape.
Dental Care Now and Then
Dental Fun Fast Facts
- Your smile enhances your attractiveness. 61% of adults admit to being drawn to someone simply because of their grin.
- It appears that the color of your toothpaste is essential. Blue toothpaste is more popular than red toothpaste.
- On average, a woman smiles 68 times every day. Meanwhile, a man smiles eight times per day on average.
Facts about Teeth
- Surprisingly, just 25% of Americans brush their teeth twice daily. Tooth decay is 33% more likely if you don’t brush twice a day.
- The average American spends around 38.5 days of their lifetime just brushing their teeth. That’s more than a month’s worth of your life!
- Your tooth enamel is the toughest material in the human body.
- Tooth prints, like fingerprints, are unique to each individual.
Facts about the Mouth
- An individual produces over 100,000 gallons of saliva throughout their lifetime. To put that in context, that’s enough saliva to fill almost 20 semi-trucks.
- In your mouth alone, there are around 700 distinct species of bacteria.
- Food is chewed on the right side of the mouth by right-handed persons, while food is chewed on the left side of the mouth by left-handed people.
- Your tongue, like your teeth and fingerprints, is unique. The tongue print is unique to each individual.
Get In Touch with Your Dentist near FIU
At Tamiami Dental Center, our patients can always count on our team to provide superior dental care. Similarly, our skillset can be tailored to meet the specific demands of each patient. To learn more about our services for all your dental needs, contact our office.